Friday, May 24, 2013

Since I've Been Gone...

I guess you could say a lot has happened in the past 6 months since I last posted. :)

Honestly, nothing huge. But some really good times with family and friends! And let's be honest, as the mother of two young kids, there have been both heavenly times and some super drab, boring, or infuriating times.

In November we went to a local fair held by a very conservative religious group. Ahem, NOT Davidians. And Jack got to ride his first horse. Probably a must for a Texan.
In December we travelled to lovely San Diego, where we got to enjoy the sunny, windy beach - and Danny got to see it for the first time (I think).

We also got to go to SeaWorld, which we all loved. I was honestly as excited as the kids, because it was a first time for all of us, except Evan, the San Diego native. Here's us taking advantage of the skinny mirror in the kiddie area.
Once we got back, we eased back into normalcy, which included preschool.  I really liked our little group. Here's Jack dancing with a couple of his preschool friends.



Later, I fulfilled one of Evan's dreams when I took a shooting course with a bunch of my girlfriends. Love you, honey!


Then in the springtime we took the obligatory (for Texans) kids-in-the-state-flower-bluebonnets picture. This is just one of MANY. 


In April/May we took our first semi-out-of-the-country trip to Puerto Rico. Traveling with two kids - at least our two kids at these ages - was a LOT of work. Definitely not the relaxing/romantic trip just Evan and I might have taken had we left the kids here. BUT, it ended up being a very fun and memorable trip. Especially in retrospect. :)



This was the view from one of the old forts in Old San Juan. So, so pretty in that whole area.

After a few days in OSJ, we took a day trip to "Puerto Rico's second city," Ponce. Here's a tip: Don't do it. Not worth it. On the bright side, there was this cool looking historic firehouse. :)

Next, we hiked to a waterfall in El Yunque, the only rainforest in U.S. territory. Very cool. And Jack did a great job keeping up with the adults.



We stayed the last half of our trip at a condo on the beach in Luquillo. It was so fun and relaxing that we wondered why we hadn't spent the whole time there! Obviously Danny enjoyed himself.

It's also good to be home!




4 comments:

  1. It does get harder and harder to post with little kids in the home, doesn't it? They all look like lovely memories. Was that a .45 you were handling? It's fun to target practice when you try to improve your shot. Something about it makes me ultra competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey, I think it was a .45. I thought it was interesting that I ended up liking the larger guns. But the whole thing was very strange for me, too. Guns. Still not sure how I feel. But it was a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving all these pics! Cute bluebonnets, Danny on the beach and can't believe Jack is so high in that doorway! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete