Sunday, August 14, 2011

40 Weeks + 6 Days

Anyone who knows me at all knows that patience is not my forte. In fact, the lack of patience is one of my biggest challenges. So you can probably imagine how I'm feeling about being nearly a week overdue to give birth. Going crazy! Unfortunately, since I had a C-section last time, I can't be induced. I don't want another C-section either. Mostly because it was so painful and the recovery was so long past time. But also, I want to go into labor and go through the whole process and see what it's like. I want to tell Evan, "It's time!" and show up at the hospital in a fluster. I'd like to be able to see the birth process instead of being removed behind a curtain and hold my baby right away. And other things.

So the hardest part about all this waiting is that in the end, I may not get what I want anyway. Yes, what I really want the most is a healthy baby and healthy mom, but still. This is like waiting all season for the Super Bowl, but it may not ever come. And it's frustrating that if I'm gong to end up with a c/s, I could have gotten the whole thing done two weeks ago. Sigh!

I meet with my doc tomorrow to decide how to proceed. Please send your good vibes/prayers my way. :)

6 comments:

  1. Although I don't know exactly how you feel, I can relate in some ways. I was SO nervous waiting to go into labor with Max (and it felt like a long wait - Jake was a week early so I thought Max would come early too and instead he was late!). I really wanted to have a different labor and birth experience this time around but I wasn't sure my body was capable of going into labor on its own and getting the baby out. All you can really do is know that you did everything in your power to have a different experience this time around, and whatever happens you know that you made the best decisions possible for you and your family.

    I am sending you lots of good labor vibes! I really want you to have the experience you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and good labor vibes coming your way! I can definitely relate since all three of mine have come late. I had my membranes swept with the last two and I was in labor within 24 hours with both of them. It's not a pleasant procedure but better than induction or c-section if it works. Would they let you try that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pics and hear stories of the new little guy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and GOOD for you for wanting to see the whole process through naturally. You will be great! Can't wait to see pics of the new addition!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending my prayers your way! Hang in there, I love you Mary! Being overdue is sooo hard, but it will be over soon and it will all turn out great! You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Mary! Hope everything goes okay. I am sure as soon as he is here you will forget. Can't wait to see pictures of this new handsome guy!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete